Spiritual Awakening – what does it mean in today’s world?
The term “spirituality” is bandied around a lot these days, but what does it really mean? What are the signs that you are having (or are ready for) a spiritual awakening? And if you are ready for one, what can you do about it?
Common signs you are ready for a spiritual awakening or experience:
- You realise your thoughts create your reality and you’re ready to collaborate with the universe
- You are tuning into the world of energy and sensing things you cannot see; the mystic in you is ready to emerge
- You realise there is more to life than just your ‘physical body’ and that holds the key to unlocking your next adventure in life
- You are starting to use your intuition and seeking a deepening of your inner soul
- You are experiencing a major life challenge and need to adopt a new paradigm of thinking and being to get through
- You are bored with the ‘mundane’ and seeking the magic in life
- You see the universe as an exciting frontier and are ready to go to your next level of thinking
It seems that many people are going through a spiritual awakening right now and opening up to the possibility that there is a new and mindful way to be in the world using mindfulness and intuition.
Here are 5 key ways you can super-charge your own spiritual awakening
- Access your intuition daily. You have a constant supply of intuitive powers and to enhance them, try doing daily or weekly exercises to build your strength (similar to a weights workout for the body). A great one is practice the ‘yes/no’ question in your life choices. Work with your body to find your physical response to ‘yes’ (mine is a tingling in the lower belly) and ‘no’ (mine is a jerking back of the head).
- Practice playing the ‘Witness’. Within you there is a ‘witness’ who pays attention to all things and who has a higher source of intuition and wisdom. That witness will observe your habits and feed back to you where you need change so you can be in harmony with your soul or higher self.
- Spend time in nature. When you truly connect with mother earth, you super-charge yourself with kinetic energy and strengthen your auric field. Electro-magnetic devices deplete this field and place positive (charged) ions into your body. Both mountains and ocean give off negative ions (which flush out those toxic positive ions). And whilst you are there in nature, be quiet, give yourself some space and meditate. Even try talking to plants, trees and animals to hone your 6th sense.
- Peel back the layers of your wounds. Learn what is holding you back and how you can let go of any karmic or habitual patterns. The more we shed off (or death) the old limiting parts of ourselves, the more we can access our own spiritual awakening and rebirth those divine aspects of ourselves.
- Spend time on your own and get to know who you are. Learning and understanding ‘how you tick’ is wonderful. Play with some oracle cards or tarot cards to get inspired messages. Write down a list of things you LOVE doing so that you can easily make decisions to activate your energy (versus drain it). Say ‘no’ to the things you dislike and honour yourself by doing things you love. This truly does open up the heart – which is the resting place of your spiritual self.
These 5 ideas on spiritual awakening form just a small part of my online course called “The Conscious Self”. This program is designed to super-charge your spiritual journey and create a more conscious and mindful life experience. These 12 modules take you through a series of videos, meditations and exercises to practice this wisdom, to access your inner rock and realise just how connected you really can be.